We are parents, guardians, community leaders, and citizens who are proud to support Jefferson County schools. We understand that one of the essential elements of a strong, successful community is a robust and effective school system.
Great schools benefit our entire community. They provide an educated workforce to attract businesses and protect property values. They also prepare our students for success, whether in college or a career upon graduation.
We work to make sure our schools have the resources they need to help every Jeffco student be successful in school and in life.
On August 23, the Jefferson County Board of Education voted to refer measures to the voters for the November 2018 ballot. These measures would increase funding for Jeffco Schools through a mill levy override for operating funds and a bond measure for capital construction.
We Are Jeffco supports the mill and bond package on the 2018 ballot. Jeffco Schools can better prepare students for success, no matter their career choice. A mill and bond would allow Jeffco Schools to provide:
- a safe environment where students can gain skills that will set them up for success in college and the workplace
- the best teachers who can afford to live in the district
- access to up-to-date equipment, materials, and technology
- hands-on learning in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM)
- access to career-focused learning and vocational classes that get them ready for 21st century jobs
- schools that are safe, warm, and accessible by all students
We Are Jeffco is an issue committee registered with the Colorado Secretary of State to support additional funding for Jeffco Schools.